With the majority of North American consumers financing or leasing their vehicles, auto finance is a critical component of any successful program for marketing vehicles to consumers. Wholesale financing for dealers is equally important to ensure that dealerships have the inventory needed to meet consumer demands.
McMillan's Automotive Industry Group has extensive experience helping automotive finance companies and other lenders with the legal requirements of their auto finance businesses, ensuring they comply with increasingly complex legal and government regulatory requirements, including those related to financial services, privacy and consumer protection.
McMillan professionals help clients lead by:
- Assisting in the establishment and operation of retail and wholesale finance programs
- Drafting financing contracts and related forms
- Advising on the securitization of auto leases and loans
- Helping establish and document commercial paper programs, private placement financing and lines of credit with banks and other financial institutions
- Ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and government regulations