As life expectancies rise, healthcare costs are increasing. People want to live those longer lives more comfortably and productively. The world's biotechnology companies are working to make that goal a reality.
Biotechs are innovating every single day, but they face a mountain of challenges to bring their products to market profitably. Government regulation is rigorous. Intellectual property issues can make or break a company's future. Securing financing for expensive research and development can be difficult.
In this complex business, biotechnology firms need a legal partner that can help them overcome these challenges, while assisting them with the profitable day-to-day operation of their businesses.
Our lawyers combine strong industry expertise—in many cases from advanced science and medical experience or education—with a vital knowledge of the legal and regulatory environments that impact the industry.
Our lawyers understand both the science and business of biotechnology. We know how to structure financing that enable you to develop life-saving and life-enhancing advances. We understand the cost and revenue pressures biotechs face. In short, we bring a multi-disciplinary approach to solving every challenge and seizing every opportunity you may encounter.
McMillan professionals help clients lead by :
- Assisting with intellectual property issues, such as patents, trademarks, licensing, outsourcing and strategic alliances
- Advising on regulatory issues with regard to sales and marketing, pricing, privacy, research and development processes, competition and trade
- Structuring public and private corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Negotiating government contracts
- Representing them in litigation proceedings related to product liability, commercial disputes, consumer class actions and intellectual property
- Advising on research tax incentives