A new generation of 'clean technology businesses' and established players in the industry are meeting the need to commercialize new innovations that help reduce the population's toll on the environment. While not entirely new, the business of cleantech is increasingly competitive.
McMillan's Applied Technology Industry Group is made up of lawyers who help cleantech clients successfully bring their products and services to market. Our lawyers work with start-ups and multinationals alike—enterprises that are commercializing new technologies to conserve energy and natural resources, promote sustainability and reduce our carbon footprint. Our clients are blazing new ground in areas like smart grids, energy efficiency, energy storage, biofuels and biochemical, waste management and recycling, and water conservation and wastewater treatment.
Many members of our team have experience and education in engineering, chemistry, and biotechnology. They work with lawyers in our intellectual property, venture capital, environmental, and government practices to provide a complete solution. And they leverage our industry experts in areas like energy, infrastructure, municipal law and manufacturing.
McMillan professionals help clients lead by:
- Advising on equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions
- Filing patent and trademark registrations
- Advising on technology licensing, and supply and services agreements
- Counseling on ecolabelling and green marketing practices
- Helping them navigate environmental approvals
- Advising on the certification and sale of carbon credits
- Responding to green procurement rules and practices
- Developing "green" Codes of Ethics for cleantech firms and generally
- Counseling on environmental remediation projects
- Advising on government relations