Gaming is a highly-competitive business, with sophisticated global players competing head-to-head with governmental bodies in a highly regulated industry. As the public desire for innovative gaming experiences continues to evolve, organizations operating in this multi-billion dollar business require practical legal advisors who understand the myriad of business, regulatory and financial challenges they are likely to face.
McMillan's Business Law Group understands the gaming business. Our lawyers have experience across all Canadian and international gaming, casino, lottery and horseracing sectors, and act as counsel to gaming organizations, and gaming supply and support companies in a wide range of matters. We use our collective expertise and gaming law experience to help our clients structure, develop, finance and implement gaming venues (including land-based casinos and horseracing tracks), and to provide keen advice to gaming-related suppliers.
McMillan provides one of Canada's most comprehensive set of business law services in this area and our lawyers have acted on matters ranging from negotiating construction and joint venture arrangements to securing large financings for casino operations to advising on acquisitions of gaming assets and casino facilities.
Many of our professionals have served on the boards of gaming corporations, regulatory boards and commissions. We also offer the advice and insights of a number of senior policy advisors who have a wealth of experience at all levels of government.
McMillan professionals help clients lead by:
- Advising lenders and gaming companies on equity and debt financing within the regulatory framework
- Advising on regulatory matters related to marketing and promotions
- Counseling on gaming-related licensing, registration and regulatory compliance obligations
- Advising on the advertising of gaming activities in Canada
- Structuring gaming activities and lottery schemes to ensure compliance with the Criminal Code of Canada and applicable provincial gaming legislation
- Acting as counsel in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of gaming facilities
- Advising on and structuring international gaming operations