While financial markets may rise and fall, the complexity of working in corporate finance continues to edge upwards. The environment is complicated further by the array of market participants—from issuers, to institutional investors, to underwriters. Navigating this domain requires a legal team that can help your company achieve its business objectives while measuring and mitigating the potential for risk in any given regulatory environment.
McMillan's Corporate Finance Group understands the complexities of capital markets around the world. We have expertise in transactions across a variety of industries, including metals and mining, financial services, telecommunications, media, energy, biotechnology, consumer goods, manufacturing, forestry, transportation, information technology, gaming and food services.
Our lawyers have in-depth knowledge and experience of the regulatory environments that govern capital markets around the world. We are well-versed in the listing requirements and processes of the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V), as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NYSE Amex Equities, NASDAQ, and trading platforms in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
Our experience gives us one of the legal profession's foremost capabilities in transactional regulatory requirements, including filing and clearance of offering documents with all of Canada's provincial securities regulators, as well as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
McMillan professionals help clients lead by providing services in such areas as:
- Public and private offerings of equity and debt securities in Canada, the United States and overseas
- Compliance with securities laws and disclosure
- Filing requirements of stock exchanges and securities oversight organizations
- Tax issues that impact how transactions may be structured
- Derivatives, securitizations and structured instruments
- IPOs and secondary offerings
- Bond offerings
- Income trusts and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)