The public is constantly challenging gaming companies to deliver innovative and entertaining new gaming experiences. Entire cities have grown up around the gaming sector, millions of people depend on it for their livelihoods, and government-run lotteries make vital financial contributions to the arts, social services and other beneficiaries.
In short, gaming is a multi-billion dollar business. It is also highly competitive, heavily regulated and rigorously supervised. While gaming companies must navigate this complex web of regulatory and business challenges, the opportunities for success and profit are substantial. They need a legal partner who understands the risks, the regulations and the opportunities—a partner who understands the stakes.
McMillan's Media, Communications and Entertainment Industry Group helps gaming and lottery clients protect their commercial interests while ensuring they operate within the strict confines of the law. We work with a wide variety of gaming companies, as well as gaming supply and support businesses. Our counsel is characterized by our innovative approach to the challenges and opportunities that gaming companies are likely to encounter.
Our practice includes lawyers who have served on the boards of gaming corporations, regulatory boards and commissions, as well as a number of senior policy advisors who bring a wealth of experience with all levels of government.
McMillan professionals help clients lead by:
- Negotiating operating agreements with regulatory authorities
- Advising on compliance matters, including regulations regarding Internet gaming and cross-border gaming
- Assisting with investigations by regulatory authorities
- Negotiating with regulatory agencies including investigations
- Advising on marketing and advertising matters
- Developing privacy policies and procedures
- Advising on operational matters, such as employment law, banking regulations and real estate
- Advising on gaming tax matters
- Protecting intellectual property