McMillan's Restructuring and Insolvency Group is consistently retained by lending syndicates in some of Canada's largest and most complex domestic and cross-border financial restructurings. We regularly act for leading Canadian banks, US and international financial institutions, and for non-traditional and distressed debt lenders.
We are recognized for our leading expertise in insolvency, bankruptcy and restructuring matters. We are known for providing our lending clients with innovative, practical, proactive, and value-driven advice and solutions in the most challenging situations. We are experienced helping agents balance the goals and interests of individual members with the collective interests of the lending group. We have a track record of proven success.
McMillan professionals help clients lead by:
- Providing advice and strategic counsel in domestic and international work-out matters
- Advising on collateral valuation, the design and features of reorganization securities, recovery of post petition interest and credit bidding
- Negotiating and documenting waivers, forbearance arrangements and amendments to existing, fresh loan and security documents, and debtor-in-possession financing arrangements
- Advising on loan and security enforcement issues
- Providing advocacy and representation in court proceedings
- Advising syndicate members and agents concerning their individual rights and obligations