Prospering in the manufacturing and retail industries relies on an efficient supply chain, a strong distribution capability and loyal customers. But that loyalty can disappear in an instant if customers believe they are no longer receiving value from their relationship with a brand.
Manufacturers, retailers and distributors must collaborate to deliver the right products, at the right time and at the right price. Even if they do manage to get that formula right, they must also contend with a myriad of competitive and economic pressures. They cannot control the day-to-day business risks, but they can certainly mitigate them with the assistance of a capable legal partner.
McMillan's Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail Industry group works with clients across the value chain, helping them meet these challenges head on. We understand the interconnections between manufacturers, distributors and retailers, and how each can achieve and retain value along the way.
We have guided many clients through the seismic shifts that have changed this industry, such as moving manufacturing to lower-cost offshore centres, vertical integration, and innovations in supply chain processes.
Our clients include some of the world's leading brands in consumer, chemicals, industrial and automotive products, as well as the retailers and distributors that bring these products to market.
McMillan professionals help clients lead by:
- Advising on competition, trade and regulatory matters
- Assisting with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs and brand extensions
- Representing them in litigation and dispute resolution
- Advising on intellectual property matters, such as trademarks and patents
- Assisting with employment issues including executive compensation
- Advising on franchise issues
- Drafting and enforcing supply and distribution agreements
- Advising on cross-border matters