Real estate typically represents one of the largest value assets that any company will buy and sell. Prime real estate across Canada is in high demand, so it is important that your real estate acquisition and divestiture strategy be well thought out and focused on creating value for shareholders.
McMillan's Commercial Real Estate Group is a leader in providing advice to companies as they buy or sell commercial real estate. Our focus is on helping clients manage their portfolios in a way that maximizes their return on investment, while mitigating potential risks.
Our commercial real estate lawyers regularly act on behalf of major publicly-traded real estate companies, financial institutions, pension funds, land developers and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) on large commercial property acquisitions and dispositions. We have the experience necessary to advise clients on all facets of an acquisition or divestiture, including real estate, tax, environmental, and corporate and commercial matters.
McMillan professionals help clients lead by:
- Drafting and negotiating purchase, sale, lease and lease-back agreements
- Advising on easement and/or cost-sharing agreements
- Structuring ownership or financing to maximize tax incentives
- Advising on land owner environmental obligations and liabilities
- Reviewing title or preparing a property for sale