The world of the automotive supplier is replete with complexity and challenge. Following the recent economic downturn, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are pursuing global manufacturing strategies and implementing non-traditional supplier relationship programs. With those changes come new complexities in the supply chain.
Companies participating in this evolving industry need a legal partner that understands the supply chain and can devise legal strategies that protect suppliers' commercial interests. With expert counsel from lawyers who have deep experience with the wide variety of potential issues that can surface in any given contractual arrangement, they can achieve their business goals and deliver value to all of their stakeholders.
McMillan's Automotive Industry Group has significant experience in all aspects of the automotive supply chain—working with manufacturers, suppliers, dealers and financing organizations. Our legal teams help companies in the automotive supply sector to navigate this complex and interdependent world. We understand that timing is critical to OEMs and suppliers alike, and we focus on helping clients develop strategies that minimize or eliminate disruptions to the supply chain.
McMillan professionals help clients lead by:
- Drafting, reviewing and renegotiating contract terms and conditions for a wide variety of commercial arrangements
- Ensuring purchase and sale conditions, including warranties, comply with regulations and good commercial practice
- Negotiating settlements and—if necessary—litigating disputes with downstream suppliers, lenders and OEMs
- Litigating product defect claims
- Advising on acquisitions and divestitures
- Advising on intellectual property matters
- Advising on supplier insolvency issues and developing practical solutions to potential disruptions in the supply chain